Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bamboo Babies

The other day I found myself stressed out from all the studying I was doing for my upcoming TESL class. I started reading my 600-plus page textbook and had the biggest case of information overload. I took a break to destress myself from the pros and cons of Communicative Language Teaching vis-a-vis Task Based Learning and the various teaching approaches by tending to my new babies -- the bamboo plants we have at home.
Not really sure if it were the plants themselves or their being green but hey, that did the trick. Come meet them --

Bindi

I got this name from how bendy most shoots are from this bunch

Mike

I was watching Space Jam the other night and this one shoot reminded of Michael Jackson because of how strong and sturdy it looks

Ty

The type of bamboo in this bunch looks like it is all dried up from the light brown color of its stalks. Ty was the name I came up with because it rhymed with dry :D

Lush

This is the densest bunch that we have in our plant box, hence the name.

Skip

This bunch has some gaps in between them. I'm kind of excited because there are 2 new shoots that have sprouted from the ground :)


Wade

Another product of wordplay... hehehe. The distinguishing characteristic of this bunch is that one shoot that have wide branches

Tracy

Percy

Lucy

For the last three -- Tracy, Percy and Lucy -- I just felt naming them that way since they don't have that much distinguishing characteristics from the others

No comments:

Post a Comment